About the job
Position: IT Application Analyst / Developer – GI & Motor Insurance
Section: Information Technology
Company: Al Koot Insurance & Reinsurance Company
Location: Doha, Qatar
No of resources: 1
The Applications Analyst / Developer GI & Motor (U/W, claims, Insurance and Re-Insurance, policy and treaty issuance, finance, AP,AR, GLs, ) will be responsible for gathering Business requirements from business units and end users, analyzing these requirements, setting and designing solutions architecture, the development of software applications/solutions, testing, implementation and maintenance of AlKoot IT Applications and solutions portfolio.
Knowledge & Experience:
- General Insurance and Motor hands on and full understanding and strong skills and background
- claims, Insurance and Re-Insurance, policy and treaty issuance, finance, AP,AR, GLs, month end, year rend, )
- Other insurance modules like Medical is a must
- BI and DWH analytic good experience and hands on
- BPM and process automation knowledge
- Coding and programming experience and hands on
- Project Management excellent experience
- Systems integrations and APIs
- System and Business analysis excellent experience
- Data structure design, development and creation of packages, procedures and functions based on business requirements in Oracle Database 10G+ and others
- Ensures that data structure design is scalable and maintainable.
- Provision of support and assistance in the design, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications
- Writing / Tuning data ingestion procedures from external suppliers and partners using PL/SQL, SQL loader, 3rd party tools like Toad etc.
- Business intelligent and reporting and dashboard excellent skills and designing dashboards
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or IT-related field
- 6 minimum years experience in developing software applications, preferably, out of which at least 3 years with insurance applications.
- Solid experience in business intelligent
- Solid Experience in systems integrations and APIs
- Experience in using Business Objects and report-building functions from User through to Admin.
- Experience in BI reports creation and publishing, Reporting tools such as EPM / ECC/ Analytic Server / BI Publisher
- Oracle Developer EXPERT Designing and development in forms and reports 10G+, In-depth knowledge and experience in Oracle 9i/10g+, 12c
- In-depth knowledge and experience in SQL and PL/SQL including tuning.
- Writing ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various reporting requirements.
- Experience with Unix / Linux / Windows Server 2003 including basic commands and shell scripting.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Import/Export, SQL*Loader planning.
- Oracle OCP Certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with Oracle-specific tools and utilities.
- Knowledge of Quest TOAD
- Designing and development in forms and reports 12C+, Apex EXPERT (From 20.2), BI Publisher 12C+.
- Excellent knowledge and skill in system integrations and APIs
- Experience creating metadata, developing ETL processes, and using several reporting tools; and performing data cleansing functions