About the job
About The Role
The role provides strategic direction and guidance for both technical and functional aspects of Flight Dispatch and Flight Watch, ensuring the development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures pertaining to the Flight Dispatch function in keeping with all the aviation safety requirements. Some responsibilities include:
- Manage and ensure the ongoing reliability and enhancement of operational capacity/capability of all Flight Dispatch technical support systems.
- Work closely with Manager Flight Dispatch and Flight Watch to develop Dispatch procedures, ensuring minimized cost of operations, improved OTP and improved safety and efficiency of flights.
- Work closely with Manager Flight Dispatch and Flight Watch to ensure Quality Control mechanisms and procedures are established within Flight Watch and Flight Dispatch environment.
- Ensure regular review of the process and identify gaps in the existing processes of Flight Dispatch and system capabilities to propose and coordinate improvement areas for enhanced efficiency.
- Develop strategic direction and priorities with Senior Manager Operational Support to sustain the transformation of the department to support business growth and broader business and regulatory requirements
QualificationsAbout you Qualifications And ExperienceWithout a Degree:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 9 years of job-related experience
ORWith a Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 8 years of job-related experience
- Possession of Flight Dispatch License, Certificate or equivalent issued by a Regulatory Authority or a Regulatory Authority approved Institute.
- 3-5 years of experience in business administration, management consulting or strategic planning.
- LIDO or NAVBLUE Computer Flight Planning experience
- The knowledge of ETOPS/EDTO regulation and procedures
Job Specific Skills
- A good understanding of business procedures and operations is necessary
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Project Management skills
- Trained in Airline Safety Management System
- Ability to work with a dynamic team under strict deadlines
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Thorough knowledge of FAR/JAR/ICAO Annexes/Airspace management/ETOPS/RVSM/MNPS
- Trained in Aircraft Performance for the QR fleet.
- Conversant with CFMU, NAT and AUSOTS procedures
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong Analytical and Interpersonal skills