About the job
Azure Beach Resort is expanding in Doha and we are looking for a top-notch General Manager and Assistant General Manager to lead and inspire our team while upholding the highest standards of service excellence.
- Oversee the operations functions of the resort.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all heads of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to resort operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints and overseeing the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the resort’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage ongoing profitability of the resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the resort and management.
- Deliver resort budget goals and set other short and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotel’s business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Prepare a monthly financial report for the owners and stakeholders.
- Draw up plans and budgets (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staff.
- Manage and develop the resort Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned.
- At least 15-to-20-year experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience.
- Experience both in the hotel and stand-alone will be highly preferred
- Good experience in pre-opening and opening venues.
- Outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Strategic and strong planning skills