About the job
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, DohaMandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Operate the Reservations Services department properly, efficiently and with profitability.
- Supervise and assist Reservations Services team with their duties.
- Perform aspects of human resources and training functions, including counselling, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, etc., for the entire team.
- Ensures all requests are handled in the time frame set by the company.
- Double-check the daily arrival, cancellation, no-show, and VIP reports for accuracy.
- Checks new accounts and new rates and checks accuracy of all contracted rates inputted in PMS.
- Ensures an excellent working relationship with all colleagues within the hotel.
- Leads by example in fostering positive colleague relations and demonstrating values.
- Graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of study in Hospitality or another professional discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisor experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service with little input from others
- Excellent communicator, with effective verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably in Arabic or another European or Asian language
- Proven ability to successfully motivate and lead a team