About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Drainage Design Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform surface water network design, applying engineering techniques and analyses on roadway drainage projects.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Performs conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and Company procedures.
- Perform catchment delineation, flow estimation, stormwater drainage network, soakaway design (trench & catch pits), subsurface drainage, culverts and ditches design.
- Independently performs surface water network layout design efficiently and accurately using CAD software.
- Independently performs surface water network hydraulic modelling efficiently and accurately.
- Production of Plan and profile drawings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 5 years hands-on experience in drainage designs related to roads and highways.
- Design of positive gravity networks
- Design of passive soak away systems
- Extraction and Interpretation of relevant geotechnical data
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
- Must have experience with drainage software related to roadway/civil projects, such as Bentley StormCAD and Civil 3D.
- Must be MME certified.
- Must be fluent in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- InfoWorks ICM and 2D Analysis experience is a plus.