About the job
- To oversee operations & maintenance of plant vegetation activity of various agricultural establishments in different locations.
- Supervision and inspection of plants/vegetation related to vegetable production.
- Identifying the problem of vegetation about pest attacks, plant disease and fertilizer deficiency, and other physiological and environmental related.
- Analyse the plant specimens for the fungal, bacterial and viral infections in addition to the nematodes and soil pathogens and insects in the soil that may affect the normal growth of the plants and recommend suitable soil insecticides, fungicides, nematicides and bactericides for control of these pathogens.
- Provide practical solutions to combat and solve the plant problem.
- Evaluate the efficacy and suitability of new agrochemicals and agro-organics to be introduced in agriculture activities.
- Prepare weekly, and monthly reports on pests, and diseases attack.
- Inspect agricultural materials and fertilizers for compliance with laws and regulations governing health, quality and safety.
- Prepare pesticide disposal report.
- Coordinate with the Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
- Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of work.
- Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to plant problems and remedial actions.
- Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required.
- Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
- Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work.
- M.Sc Agriculture/Horticulture/Botany with 8 years of related experience OR
- B.Sc Agriculture/Horticulture/Botany with 10 years of related experience
- Must have 3 to 5 years of related Gulf experience, in any GCC countries
- Must have relevant IT skills.
- Excellent command of English. Proficiency in the Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Valid QATAR/GCC driving license.
Perks & Benefits:
- Monthly Salary: QAR15000 full package.
- Phone Allowance: Provided by company.
- Transportation: A car with fuel and maintenance will be provided by the company for self-driving.
- Medical/Health Insurance is provided by the company (for self only).
- The company will provide QVC, Work Visa, and Joining Ticket (for self only).
- Other standard benefits as per Qatar Labour Law.