About the job
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently Hiring Project Services Lead for our project in Qatar.
We are seeking highly experienced Candidates with Brownfield projects and Middle East experience for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Project Services Lead (PSL) oversees the work of the Project Cost Engineer, Project Planner/Scheduler, Document Controller and Project Estimator. The PSL is responsible to the Portfolio Delivery Manager for the quality, timeliness, and content of the effort carried out by these project support personnel, together with:
- Develop and maintain the CONTRACT Project Controls Plans, own the controls processes and ensure all project staff are aware of their responsibilities.
- Development Project Controls Plan covering the above discipline and implementation of the plan
- Preparation of both the client’s and internal project reports.
- Provide support to Client on all the assurance, verification work that as requested
- Establishment of the project man-hour control system and the maintenance of the system.
- Establishment of the project cost control system and management of the system covering all the cost control processes and alignment activities.
- Preparation and verification of the monthly invoices to QATAR SHELL GTL and to work share offices.
- Checking of the incoming invoices from the work share offices
- Establishment of the project planning system and management of the system covering all the cost project planning processes, management of all the project plans and alignment activities.
- Establishment of the project cost estimation system and management of the system covering all the cost estimation processes including benchmarking and alignment activities.
- Identify, implement and maintain the complete controls structure, tools and procedures needed for the projects based on the contracting strategy, execution plan and the risks identified;
- Own and manage the project’s CONTRACT Management of Change (MOC) process;
- Own and manage the CONTRACT project’s risk management process;
- Responsible in ensuring the alignment of project information and data in the development of project services deliverables
- Exposure to benchmarking process and competitiveness of projects with a continuous improvement mindset
- Exposure to risk management processes and tools for industrial projects including contingency management story. (Wrong)
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc., University in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience and Skillset
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry. 7 years must be in Lead roles managing a PS team
- Minimum 10 years experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related project delivery
- Minimum 5 years experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract Project Services LeadExperience in cost control, cost estimating, project scheduling and risk management and alignment of these disciplines
- Experience in portfolio management of projects
- Experience in managing resources in a multidiscipline team
- preferable membership in a Project services related association