About the job
The JLTV C4I Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the JLTV C4I systems installed in the JLTV vehicles. This includes following the C4I Supervisor’s directives on managing access and security to equipment, accounting for all computer hardware, radios, installed electronics and any other removable electronic equipment, and providing technical expertise on hardware, software and user issues. Stays up to date on maintenance of all electronic upgrades as directed by the USAF. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Troubleshoot/diagnose/repair JLTV’s complete C4I electronic systems, encompassing Tactical Communication (TACOM), Intelligence, Reconnaissance, Surveillance & Navigation (ISRN) and Counter Radio Frequency Warfare (CREW) Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Defeat Systems.
- Follow procedures for, plans and schedules C4I preventive maintenance based on manufacturer recommendations and environmental variance in the ME. Provide recommendations for revision to the C4I Supervisor as indicated by usage historical data or as directed by the manufacturer or customer.
- Follow recon inspection and repair procedures provided by the JLTV C4I Supervisor and provide recommendations for revisions as indicted by usage historical data or directed by the manufacturer or customer.
- Alert the C4I Supervisor to any changes in coverage of parts required for mid-level repairs to electronic equipment, radios and other C4I equipment including mounting brackets.
- Ensure security, limited access and safe storage of C4I equipment and any pilferable JLTV items.
- Performs inventory/serial number checks as required for accountability of all electronic equipment.
- Prepares and inspects vehicles and equipment for shipment by air/sea/surface transportation.
- Coordinate with Supply to ensure secure and limited access to POS for C4I equipment.
- Coordinate with the C4I Supervisor to receive in-house C4I Technician training and refresher/upgrade training, including practical training, as required.
- Monitor Vehicle Mechanics work near sensitive electronic equipment and provide over-the-shoulder training as required to ensure safety and security.
- Attend upgrade training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum PowerPoint, Excel and Word programs.
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard software and peripherals, and a strong working knowledge of PCs, networks and communications systems.
- Ability to innovate and exercise sound judgment in defining and resolving complex and difficult tasks.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years field experience as a C4I Senior Electronics Technician and/or Supervisor.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.