About the job
About The Role
The candidate is responsible to support all kinds of maintenance activities performed on Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Ground Support Vehicles (GSV).
- Assists Technicians / Lead Technicians in all kinds of maintenance activities performed on Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Ground Support Vehicles (GSV).
- Performs technical and safety checks/inspections of GSE and GSV on various locations (Airside, Cargo, Workshop, Hangar, etc.) as per the guidelines/checklists provided.
- Raises identified defects as per defect reporting process and tags the equipment at the location where detected as defective.
- Ensure that all work performed or activities that occurred during the work shift are accurately documented and forwarded to the workshop control office at the end of the shift or otherwise as instructed by management.
- Follows airside driving rules and regulations (if holding a valid license).
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control and workshop safety at all times
- Complete all other tasks assigned by the supervisor in a timely manner
- Essential: Basic literacy, Numeracy skills, English communication skills
- Experienced – minimum 2 years of job-related experience OR High School Qualification (e.g. O level, Year 10, min compulsory education)
- Entry level – no prior job-related work experience
- Experienced – up to 2 years of job-related experience required in one of the following listed disciplines:
- Electrical (GSE/GSV only – Not Facility)
- Air-Conditioning (GSE/GSV only – Not Facility)
- Denting / Fitting
- Capable of standing, climbing, bending and occasional work in cramped and awkward positions.
- Capable of lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 23 kilograms.
- Capable of identifying types of hand tools, shop equipment, consumables and other industry related materials.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Preferred: Trade or Vocational Qualification
- Workshop Safety Awareness
- Fire Safety Awareness