About the job
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry Airswift is seeking for Principal Structural Designer – to work in Qatar with a major Oil & Gas Company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Monitor design/drafting estimating norms within asset for own discipline.
- Develop and promote drafting and CAD initiatives to improve cost effectiveness of design / drafting work within own discipline.
- Participate in review of structural design and advise on technical drafting difficulties or government compliance requirements as appropriate.
- Oversee the preparation of design and detail drawings from sketches, plans or other design/specification data.
- Minimum 15 years of proven experience of detailed Civil Structural design gained with design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the industry. Expert knowledge in 3D modelling (E3D/S3D/PDMS) of Structures including an understanding of constructability.
- Extensive design experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, and, where relevant, experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.