About the job
Join our Team!
Our business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Bringing Technology to life
As a Control Field Service Engineer you will take primary responsibility for the management of all controls related to covered equipment, including the interface between MK Vle software and hardware environment
As a Control Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing in concurrence with the Customer detailed work scope for each agreed Outage. For each outage, he/she shall indicate recommended FSEs and Manpower crews. For all control aspects of outages Control Field Service Engineer that makes part of the Team will advise.
- Identifying with Buyer control changes, which need to be subject to the Buyer plant change procedure, interfacing with BH IET Engineering dept
- Assisting Buyer with regular reviews of maintenance activities associated with the control aspects of the Covered Units.
- Discussing any controls systems related NICs/TILs to the Buyer; plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Responding to the Buyers technical inquiries utilizing GE technical support services.
- Maintaining a documented history of all control system changes or modifications for the Covered Units.
- Supporting Buyers operation & maintenance staff with diagnostics counselling and addressing maintenance /operational issues on the Covered Units.
- Supporting Buyer staff in diagnosis and resolving control problems, which cause or may potentially cause negative impacts on Customers production.
- Providing on-the-job training of Buyers operation & maintenance staff at no additional cost for the Buyer. For this Section, “on the job training” shall mean training performed by the CE during the day-by-day activities without requirement of additional resources, tool, trainers, equipment, and certificate by Seller.
- Supervising the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Supervising cable laying, meggering and connection
- Leading and executing loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Leading and executing unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
- Writing accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and Baker Hughes Engineering team concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
- Using company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
- Ensuring all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:
- Have an Electronic/Mechanic Engineer Degree.
- Have experience in Mark Vie.
- Have Experience in Commissioning, Startup, and troubleshooting of the control system in HDGT & Aero Derivative machines.
- Have strong knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP) and fire fighting system installation and commissioning
- Have strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators (servo-valves, thermo elements, transmitters etc…)
- Have ability to handle special tools like pressure pump, multi-meter, frequency generator, oscilloscope and field generator (MicroCal).
- Have ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc…)