About the job
- Usual work activities include networking with suppliers and contractors, negotiating procurement agreements, researching the market, choosing suppliers offering competitive prices, and making sure procurement transactions respect legal requirements and maintain an optimum supply of equipment to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams to understand project requirements and ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers and vendors, negotiate contracts, and manage supplier relationships to ensure optimal delivery, quality, and cost.
- Implement procurement best practices, maintain accurate records, and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and relevant regulations.
- Develop and maintain procurement plans and schedules, monitor performance, and identify areas for improvement. Collaborate with other project team members to manage risks, resolve issues, and ensure project success.
- Hiring of various services for the site and workshop as per the project plans
- Coordination with project stores to ensure the availability of required materials and services
- Long-term rate agreements to minimize the number of orders and maximize savings
- To arrange top-up quantities in a short time frame to meet project requirements/urgency.
- End-to-end monitoring and control of orders, including expediting, interaction for inspection and close out of purchase orders.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of Suppliers
- Compliance Rate
- Supplier Quality Rating
- Supplier Availability
- Purchase Order Cycle Time
- Vendor Rejection Rate and Costs
- Lead Time
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP software.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 2 years on EPC projects.
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes and procedures, contract negotiation, and supplier management.
- Sourcing & negotiation
- Contract management and supplier relationship management
- Compliance Analysis
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management and Purchasing
- Eligible candidates locally available in Qatar with transferable Q-ID / NOC kindly share your cv.