About the job
Join our award-winning QDF team and start writing your own story with Qatar Airways – An airline that has never stopped flying and remained resilient throughout the pandemic.
The Floor Is Open For Below Roles
- First Commis Chef
- Chef De Partie
- Sous Chef
First Commis Chef
- Produce meals as per the production plan, ensuring procedures are followed and all records are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Manage food stock effectively, minimize food wastage through good kitchen management processes, such as labelling and mis-en-place par levels. All stock to be rotated, dated and managed in order to reduce wastage and contribute to kitchen profitability through effective food cost control
- Prepare and present high-quality dishes within company specifications, ensure any change made to the receipts is highlighted to the Senior Chefs for system update, and food quality is consistently maintained as per QDFC standard, ensure that the presentation and freshness of all foods is of the highest standard at all times.
- Check the quality of raw materials being received regularly in the kitchen and highlight any quality hygiene issues to Sous Chef for further action
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare and organize all mis-en-place for all relevant menus prior to the shift start to ensure smooth operation
Chef De Partie
- Plan, prepare and cook menu items in his/her section as directed by Junior Sous Chef by following right ingredients and standards to ensure that all food are prepared as per HACCP (Hazard Analytical Critical Control Point) standards
- Conduct inventory periodically as per schedule to ensure all meals produced in the shift are as per requirements and left overs are managed effectively to minimize wastage
- Spot check culinary sections by following daily checklist to cover all food productions activity in timely Manner
- Monitor kitchen stock movement and ordering system, to ensure all stock levels are in line with the standards and demands and avoid excess stock
- Report any Food Safety issue to Junior Sous Chef, occurring inside the kitchen or restaurant buffet counter, by giving complete report and evidence for further investigation and review to avoid any food poisoning
The role of Sous Chef is managing the day to day F&B production within HIA, under the instruction of the Executive Sous Chef. Accountable for the quality, consistency food production, menu planning, food costing and profitability, waste management, staff welfare and scheduling, and food purchasing, resulting in the delivery of exceptional food offer and five-star customer experience.In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following
- Perform food production and presentation to all internal and external customers, make sure that the food is produced as per the standard recipe consistently.
- Supervise, direct and participate where necessary in the preparation cooking of all food items, check quality of food and portion of food before being sent to customers to ensure consistency in food quality.
- Check all food use by dates to ensure no products is exceeded than the requirements, ensure that over/under preparation of production of food is kept to a minimum to maintain food cost. Check on every working place of cooks and utilities, including storing areas, fridges and dust bins in all production areas for cleanliness and food cost.
- Plan food production in line with demands and concept, ensuring that through the process of batch cooking that food items remain fresh, appealing and presentable.
- Conduct meal weight and meal tasting checks shift wise and do the corrective action immediately for any variance. Report any failures/problems to the Maintenance Department for the smooth running of operation.
To be Successful in these roles, you will have the following:
- For culinary roles – Professional Culinary School Qualification
- Food hygiene & HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) skills
- Experience working in a 5-star hotel, cruise ship or fine dining restaurant
- Fluent in written and spoken English (ability to speak another language is an asset)
- People focused and have experience in working for a multinational team.
- Willingness to relocate to Doha, Qatar.
- Well-developed social skills and have high level of versatility and flexibility to meet the varied needs and expectations of customers.