About the job
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest-rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor’s (A), Moody’s (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialized financial publications.
Based on the Group’s consistently strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events.
You will be a member of the relationship management/ sales team, which is responsible for implementing the international element of AM’s global investment product/service distribution strategy. You will therefore, have individual responsibility for the achievement of that part of the set budget targets which is allocated to you.
Successful delivery will be contingent on effective participation in the International Sales team and a focus on the optimization of all available distribution channels. As such, there is a requirement to work jointly, in close coordination with functional business heads and domestic branch managers. You will engage closely with other staff members, from across the Group, in order to ensure the identification, origination and development of new client relationships – and to broaden and deepen those, which are already in existence.
You will participate in the development and motivation of the International Sales team. The incumbent will ensure adherence to established policies, procedures, standards of conduct and regulatory obligations.
- Contributes to the formulation of an investment client origination, sales and business development strategy, based on the established KPIs.
- Implements KPI’s and best practices for “Manager, International Asset Management”
- Promote cost consciousness and efficiency and enhance productivity, to minimize cost, avoid waste, and optimize benefits for the bank.
- Actively participates in the execution of the international element of AWM’s global strategy.
- Participates in periodic reviews of team and individual performance.
- Helps identify (and take advantage of) all possible domestic AM product/service delivery channels.
- Ensures the highest personal standards of contact and the adherence to ‘best market practice’ in all aspects of the AM International Sales function’s activities.
- Co-ordinates closely with nominated “on-the-ground” local staff throughout the Group, in order to ensure the effective distribution of a broad range of financial products and services.
- Actively contributes to the maintenance of the existing client base as well as building new relationships.
- Contributes to the enhancement of intra-group relationships, especially with the domestic branches and Retail (QNB 1st), but also with International, Corporate, Treasury and supporting functions.
- Contributes to the proposal of ideas for new products and services, based on discussions with clients and colleagues.
- Actively supports cross-selling activity with the aim of enhancing the Group’s overall relationships with clients by means of the co-ordination of activity with other divisions/ departments.
- Contributes to the supply of timely and accurate information to external and internal auditors, Group Compliance and Group Risk, whenever required
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Acts within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent.
- Works to enhance service quality and meet assigned financial and non-financial targets.
- Helps to implement any remedial measures which may be recommended by Group Internal Audit, Group Risk, Group Legal, external auditors, regulatory authorities and/or Group Compliance re: any potential control weaknesses or compliance issues which may become apparent in connection with the International Sales function.
- Works with colleagues to ensure the timely execution and maintenance of all associated documentation.
- Actively contributes to discussions with the Product Development Manager in terms of the development of products which meet the requirements of targeted clients
- Develops an excellent understanding of financial services, generally.
- Demonstrates a history of successful effective business development
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (AML & CTF, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy). – Understand and effectively perform your role under the Three Lines of Defense principle to identify measure, monitor, manage and report risks. – Ensure systematic good outcomes for clients in accordance with Conduct Risk policy. – Support the framework of RCSA, KRI, Incident reporting and remediation, as appropriate, in accordance with the Operational Risk Management requirements. – Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure full qualification to undertake the role. – Complete all mandatory training provided by the Bank, attain, and maintain the required levels of competence. – Attend mandatory (internal and external) seminars as instructed by the Bank.
- Ensure high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information. – Maintaining utmost confidentiality concerning customer and internal bank information obtained during the course of business and provide such information on a need to know basis only to Senior Management of QNB, Audit and Compliance functions, and relevant Regulators. – Maintain high professional standards to uphold QNB’s reputation and to strengthen its market leadership position.
- All other ad hoc duties/activities related to QNB that management might request from time to time.
6 years of relevant experience seasoned with University Graduate “Bachelor Degree” in a suitable discipline. CISI Certificate or equivalent is a requirement.
Additional Favorable Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- First-class sales (influencing) skills.
- Developing knowledge of the Investment Banking business.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations and practices pertaining to Investment Banking products and services.
- Knowledge of risk management concepts and techniques.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent Inter-personal and presentation skills