About the job
About the role
As a Head of Events & Exhibitions, you will be responsible to lead a team to develop the departmental strategy for Qatar Airways events & exhibitions activities globally. Focus on development and execution of Qatar Airways’ global program of events and exhibitions, including destination inaugurals, product launches and air shows. Work closely with PR team for all the global and local Qatar Airways events
Other key responsibilities are:
- Accountable for the Events and Exhibitions initiatives from Head Office in key markets through working with the relevant regional/local office in planning and execution of planned activities.
- Review procedures and processes, and propose ways to improve and modernize them in line with best international practice.
- Direct and supervise the preparation of strategic plans in relation to all local and international events that includes, operations, logistics, budget allocation and forecast, in a manner that integrates the broader strategic objectives of QR. Taking into account the timeframes, resource requirements. and the specific objectives for the events.
- Lead in developing framework and guidelines of monitoring events management, from concept to delivery, to ensure they are delivered as per QR Standards and within approved budgets.
- Oversee the efficient planning and utilization of the events & exhibitions budget, manpower budget and organizational hierarchy
- Ascertain all the legal Contracts with suppliers, event management companies and all the third parties are thoroughly checked and verified before proceeding with the official contract.
- Evaluate and cross check short- and long-term budgets prepared by the Manager of Events & Exhibitions before submitting it to the higher management for each component of Qatar Airways’ event and exhibition programs, and monitor effective use to avoid unnecessary expenditures.
- Monitor the staff planning roster prepared by the manager for each event to ensure maximum utilization of the resources.
- Oversee and regularly monitor all the events management companies associated with Qatar Airways events, contractors, hotels, venues, organisers and suppliers to ensure all logistical and operational aspects of each events and exhibition are as per brand and standards.
- Develop closing memos along with event evaluation summary reports, which broadly assesses the outcome of the events, both from a financial and logistical standpoint and share with the head of the department. Based on the evaluation summary report submitted by the team, regularly provide corrective feedback and measures to the team to enhance processes, wherever required.
- Obtain regular reports from the team on inventory, inline to the allocated budget, gifts and giveaways aligned to the events.
- Lead the work of the events & exhibitions department by regularly monitoring the performance of the team in order to ensure that KPl’s are met.
- Working with HR to recruit and review staff plans, organization charts and personal development plans
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the Events Team.
- Minimum qualification of bachelor’s degree or equivalent is essential.
- 10+ years of job-related experience
- Proven record of accomplishment of developing, planning and executing successful events.
- Advanced proven ability on project management with on-time, on-budget delivery of events & exhibitions or similar projects.
- Proven ability to communicate and work within a multi-cultural environment
- Good understanding of international premium brands.
- Proven ability to create network of international contacts and manager relationships.
- Proven ability to deliver results under time pressure.
- Proven intermediate or advanced skills on using MS office and relevant software for event planning