About the job
As the market conditions are improving and our network is growing, we are looking to grow our team based in the state-of-the-art global hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA).Join our award-winning QDF team and start writing your own story with Qatar Airways – An airline that has never stopped flying and remained resilient throughout the pandemic.The floor is open for below roles
- F&B Hostess
- Food Server
- Waiter/ Waitress
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited ToF&B Hostess
- Welcome, greet and seat guests, and present the menus to guests with a positive approach and a smile, and always maintain positive body language. Treat all guests in a professional manner to ensure complete guest satisfaction; always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Take guest information and inform waiting times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Handle the table bookings, arrange dining reservations for guests in advance and as they arrive at the restaurant, escorting guests to their tables, monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables for guest reservation.
- Regularly check reservation list, coordinate with service associate and kitchen staff for necessary preparation of guest arrival.
- Inspect and maintain the dining facilities to ensure dining area are cleaned at all the times.
- Collect comment cards from the guest and compile all feedback for management attention and action for future improvement.
- Answer the phone and answer question concerning the menu and restaurant, ensuring all queries are answered timely and accurately.
Food Server & Waiter
- Welcome & assist customers on arrival, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, taking order as per guest preference, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about daily special, offering desserts and drinks, serving food, clearing chinaware and glassware, checking guest satisfaction, ensure sequence of service are followed.
- Prepares table by laying out napkins, making sure the condiments are refilled as per the standard.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations in order to make the right recommendation to guest to maximize all sales opportunities.
- Presenting the receipts to the guests upon on request, accepting payments and hand over to cashier.
- Assist in restaurant reservation by answering phone calls, confirm the reservation to the guest and record the reservation details on the restaurant logbook.
- Complete daily checklist at the beginning and end of the shift, ensuring all the tasks completed throughout the shift.
- Greet guests, take beverage orders from the restaurant servers and/or directly from guests.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with Company standards.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase or consumption of alcohol.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Assist in preparing weekly/ monthly inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Serve beverage, snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of workspace as required.
- Stock bar and maintain proper inventory, preparing mise-en-place for each shift.
- Provide guidance to guests in selecting beverage drinks
- High School qualification, with minimum 2 years of job-related experience in food and beverage service, within in leading Restaurants of hotel or hospitality industry.
- Should be Computer literate.
- Fluently speak and write English
- Knowledge in HACCP
- Possess strong interpersonal skills – outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong communication skills.
- Ability to take responsibility, handle multiple tasks, prioritize and efficient.
- Ability to react to challenges and operational incidents quickly
- Has passion for food, beverage and service
- Be able to stand for long period of time
- Ability to work well in team
- Ability to work shifts is essential
- Ability to work in a busy environment and able to work under pressure