About the job
QatarEnergy’s activities and those of its subsidiaries and joint ventures, encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally. They include the exploration, refining and production, marketing, and sale of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
QatarEnergy is committed to contributing to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come.
The primary purpose of the job
Provide reliable and consistent valuation/risk analysis to physical trading desks, ensuring the value of all available assets is maximized including, LNG, shipping, storage and regasification capacity. This includes deal design and valuation in support of the origination and short-term trading teams, as well as the development of portfolio optimization and structured trading capabilities
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 10 years of experience with 3 years in structuring LNG deals.
• Highly analytical with practical experience applying quantitative finance and option pricing theory to real energy transactions.
• Sound understanding of commercial contractual T&Cs, negotiation processes, documentation and Origination support.
• Sound understanding and concrete experience in financial/physical options design, valuation and risk management.
• Advanced Excel and programming skills (e.g. Python, Julia, and other scripting languages).
• Preferred knowledge and experience in optimization modeling.
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject from an internationally recognized university.
Postgraduate Qualification (MSc or PhD) preferred