About the job
Manages, monitors and advises on all matters related to the safety and health of personnel and issues affecting the Health and Safety of personnel and the Environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a full understanding of all current HSES policies and procedures.
- Interpret regulatory requirements and monitor compliance.
- Ensure that the correct level of manning for HSES activities is maintained.
- Ensure that HSES training needs are identified and training is effectively conducted.
- Ensure that any required local and project HSES procedures are produced and implemented.
- Ensure that all HSES functional personnel are performing as required to ensure facility and project success.
- Ensure that the performance of all subcontractors is monitored and evaluated.
- Assist with or facilitate HAZIDs, HAZOPs and TRAs, as needed.
- Ensure that HSES audits are performed in accordance with the Operating Unit integrated audit schedule.
- Maintain annual activity plans.
- Ensure that HSES annual targets are set and improvement plans maintained.
- Measure HSES performance and report same to management.
- Ensure that incidents are thoroughly investigated and reported.
- Ensure that efforts are maintained for continual improvement of HSES.
- Mentor all HSES staff.
- Monitor BBSM process/program.
- Other duties related to HSES function, as directed.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Degree/Diploma in Safety or Environmental Management
- Over 7 year Oil and Gas construction and process and Safety
- Ability to work as a team member as well as act as team leader.
- Have wide experience with technical activities, including on and offshore operations.
- Maintain key competencies such as BOSIET, H2S, PTW, etc.
- Communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken.
- Computer literate on Microsoft programs: Word, Access, Power Point, Excel, Project.
- Be conversant with local and international HSE laws, regulations and norms. Must be experience in plant and vendor inspections of all types of mechanical equipment required in oil and gas installations.