About the job
- Good knowledge of food service techniques and menu contents.
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from immediate supervisor.
- Maintain correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared.
- Ensures food quality and standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensures that mis-en-place is completed prior to service.
- Adapt and respond to different shift patterns and section needs.
- Respond maturely to any given situation without hesitation.
- Report all important issues back to senior chef.
- Keep equipment and utensils clean and hygienic, report any faulty, broken or damaged equipment immediately to senior management.
- Maintain detailed understanding of the use of all electrical and mechanical equipment in the kitchen and observe the safety precautions when handling them.
- Ensures proper use and cleaning of equipment in order to prolong serviceability and prevent damage.
- Practice hygiene and sanitation procedures set by the hotel when handling food.
- Practice economy where food, paper supplies, electricity and water are concerned.
- Comply with HACCP standards and practices.