About the job
- Oversee daily lifting and rigging activities, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and standards
- Able to give clear, unambiguous instruction to all other members of the lifting team.
- Have knowledge and understanding of when and how to escalate any matter relating to safe lifting practices or site safety in general.
- Monitor lifting operations, ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with approved Lifting procedures and lifting plans.
- Ensuring that adequate inspection/examination and maintenance of the equipment and lifting accessories has been carried out.
- Stop lifting operations whenever it is considered that danger is likely to arise if the operation was to continue.
- They are responsible for coordinating and supervising all lifting activities in accordance with regulations and is required to be present during all lifting operations.
- Conduct Lifting safety Audits, Inspections, identifying and addressing safety hazards and non-compliances.
- Fully conversant with the duties of all personnel involved in the lifting operation.
- Ensuring that contractors prestart inspections are carried on all lifting equipment and accessories.
- Ensuring the contractors are wearing appropriate PPE.
- Attend daily activity briefings of the contractors.
- Refer to Lifting managers / Lifting Leads for further instruction if Necessary.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in the role of a lifting supervisor or similar position
- CPCS Lifting Supervisor / Slinger signaller or LEEA Lifting Supervisor & Rigger 1 competency
- Ability to communicate with contractors lifting teams.
- Advanced knowledge of lifting and rigging equipment and methods knowledge in safety management systems risk assessments and method statements
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Experienced working with cranes, lifting equipment lifting accessories and material handling equipment.
- Ability to use Windows, Microsoft word, excel