About the job
- Manage the strategic preparation of annual project audit programmes.
- Provides HSE leadership and technical expertise in the areas of assurance and auditing, in accordance with applicable regulations and industry standards.
- Manage Contractor HSE and Training audits.
- Formalize audit results and follow them through to ensure all items are closed.
- Manage the allocation of work is prioritized according to the annual project audit programmes.
- Submit quarterly or ad hoc agendas, audit programmes and audits reports to Project management.
- Liaise with relevant managers and Contractor auditors to in the completion of agreed contract audit projects.
- Manage the completion of audit projects and all associated reports.
- Provide advice and guidance to management and personnel in the application of sound internal controls for audit actions.
- Prepare weekly/monthly status reports for review by the HSE Managers and Director.
- Identify, investigate, and report on areas of concern where management controls appear inadequate.
- Manage a timely and effective corrective action close out process for audit findings, as well as subordinate staff in the completion of all project audits.
- Assist management with monitoring Contractor adherence to safety compliance and HSE policies and procedures.
- Identify trends and issues arising from audits and reported incidents and make recommendations to management and where necessary, initiate appropriate actions to improve performance.
- Review, develop and update audit checklists; plans, conducts and monitors audit work schedules; develops and recommends implementation of forms, systems, and procedures to carry out responsibilities and accomplish goals of the HSE and Training team.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years previous experience as a HSE professional.
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas, Construction, or Infrastructure (preferably Rail) industries working and interfacing with system development and implementation in large project or organizational frameworks.
- Experience in the ISO 9000 and ISO 14001
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks, monitor the work flows and identify where improvements could be made to optimize the work across the HSE and Training Team.
- Strong technical skills in audits and investigations with the ability to apply critical analysis, problem solving and reporting skills to compliance and assurance reporting.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety Standards, Legislation, H&S &Risk Management policies.
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office Professional (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Project, Publisher, Access) and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- English literacy and effective communication skills both verbal and written. French literacy is desirable, not essential.