About the job
- The disciplined engineer is responsible for the provision of the required quality technical services.
- Carry-out Concept definition and engineering studies, design, scopes, and preparation of engineering documents as per approved standards/procedures.
- Support development of competencies and skills in his area including structured training for Qatari Engineers under development.
- Verify and sign-off technical designs and bids in accordance with approved standards.
- Deliver timely service to meet the project requirements.
- Advice and support in the discipline engineering matters in the area of expertise through all stages of projects.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of engineers for providing technical services to project executive departments, including review of execution strategies.
- Support discipline head/led to manage QP discipline standards. Participate in technical assurance and standardization activities to ensure compliance to approved discipline standards.
- Approve / endorse technical deviations / waivers/ variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
- Support to ensure that all applicable environmental and process and other safety technical policies are fully implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline engineering. Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- 10 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 6 years in Oil & Gas industry.
- Skill/knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of
- Experience of managing time, cost, and quality in engineering projects within multiple
- project environment.
- Good Communications and Presentation skills and be fluent in English.