About the job
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
Responsible for the delivery of guests to their room, luggage, messages and any other items for delivery within the Hotel.
- Ensure that the Lobby and front entrance are kept clean, paying special attention to all glass areas and the main doors as well as emptying ashtrays when required
- Collect messages from Royal Service and record them in the recording book. Messages should then be delivered in the required standard time.
- Ensure that all deliveries for guests and colleagues are correctly recorded and then delivered to the correct destination in a timely fashion
- Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to guests, under the direction of the Bell Captain
- Undertake the duties and responsibilities of the Doorman, as directed by the Bell Captain and/or Guest Service Manager.
- Ensure all luggage is collected from guestrooms within the standard time
- Ensure that all luggage is delivered immediately as instructed by Reception/Front Office or Concierge and placed in the room to the correct standard
- Handle all guest property with extreme care
- To assist with room changes as directed by the Reception supervisor
- Ensure that all long-term guest luggage is stored correctly and receipted in the correct manner
- Ensure that guest elevators are only used when is absolutely necessary and when deliveries to guestrooms are of an urgent nature – this will be deemed by the Guest Service Manager
- To assist in the departmental training of new colleagues
- Be aware of all functions that are taking place in the hotel and to direct guests to the correct destination.
- Display an attitude of friendliness, courtesy and sincerity to all guests (both internal and external), making them feel welcome and at ease, using guest names at every given opportunity
- Be fully aware of all restaurants and services in the Hotel, being knowledgeable of opening times, type of cuisine and dress code.
- Maintain amicable and cooperative working relations with other departments in the Hotel.
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislation, using working practices that are safe and sensible to your colleagues and to yourself
- Be aware of the departmental schedule and to always be on time for duty
- Proficient in English (verbal and written)
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work overnight
- Prior experience in customer service an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 25kg