About the job
Participate in project execution strategy and planning. Drives innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence. Owns the engineering plan and project scope/cost/time requirements, makes certain the discipline teams meet expectations, and coordinates the disciplines to ensure project success.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with other members of the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans inter-discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Co-ordination of inter-discipline activities and conflict resolution.
- Embedding of the engineering change process.
- Identify the need for specialist input.
- Co-ordinate, manage and ensure closure of action items from reviews including design reviews, Peer Reviews, operability & maintenance reviews and constructability reviews.
- Ensure engineering teams are correctly reporting progress in each of the areas.
- Well versed in project setup, instituting work processes, monitoring a team, execution, and closeout. Skilled in estimating project costs and writing proposal content. Adept at budgeting and cost control.
Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP)
Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering discipline relevant to industry from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behavior and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
What We Offer You
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.