About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Assistant Resident Engineer (Utilities / Drainage) to join our team! In this role you will get to assist the Resident Engineer to leading and supervising a team of multi-engineering disciplines staff and contractors.
What You’ll Be Doing
- The Assistant Resident Engineer shall be responsible to assist the Resident Engineer to leading and supervising a team of multi-engineering disciplines staff and contractor.
- Performs various field engineering assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories as well as general industry practices.
- Receives and issues all approved construction drawings and specifications; ensures that all outdated documents are revised. Maintains construction drawing and specification files.
- Assists in eliminating any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Helps ensure that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Assists in the preparation of construction work schedules.
- Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
- May provide functional guidance to craft personnel.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You Will Bring
- Minimum of 18 years of demonstrable experience, of which 10 years in the managerial or technical lead capacity of similar large-scale surface and groundwater networks.
- Must demonstrate experience in respect of technical and financial proposals, evaluation and constructability, technology deployment and solving technical problems that may arise during construction.
- It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar large-scale sewerage and/or surface & groundwater deep tunnel projects delivered under Design & Build projects.
- Experience must include all Health & Safety aspects of the construction of construction projects of the same nature.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken, with excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple work areas on site are essential.