About the job
The upcoming project will include 161 fully-furnished apartments, perfect for both short and long-term stays, as well as 84 Private Residences, set along a private beach surrounded by lush gardens. Guests and residents alike will enjoy a full range of state-of-the-art amenities, including a signature restaurant by Michelin-starred chef, Joël Robuchon
Our team is our greatest asset and the key to our success. We demonstrate our beliefs in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others, as we would have them deal with us. Our team is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion.
Who We Look For:
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
La Mediterranee by Joel Robuchon is an elegant dining venue which specialty will be fish and seafood prepared by French & Mediterranean flair. The dining area counts 180 seats as well as an easy going “Deli” by Joel Robuchon adjacent to the Restaurant with an additional 40 seat
The Four Seasons Resort and Residences at The Pearl-Qatar is looking for Restaurant Pastry Chef – La Mediterranee to join our talented pre-opening team! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join our team and be part of the world’s leading luxury hotel company.
Critical Elements of the Job
The Restaurant Pastry Chef – La Mediterranee is the creative force behind the desserts, sweets, cakes and breads at the resort and residences. Responsibilities include menu and recipe creation, participating in tastings, ensuring a consistent product, quality control, food costs, labor control, daily operation organization and developing and training a solid culinary team. Must demonstrate high standards of professionalism and have a passion for providing a unique and delicious culinary experience for guests.
Previous experience as a Restaurant Pastry Chef – La Mediterranee in a hotel/resort is preferred. Three to five years of previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head positions specializing in pastry design and creation.
- The Restaurant Pastry Chef – La Mediterranee is an essential member of Food & Beverage / Culinary leadership team which is dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests and employees.
- We are looking for individuals who possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic. The ability to multitask and prioritize is also essential for this position.
- The Restaurant Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for creating an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best and advance, also he is dedicated to preparing specialized innovative cuisine per guest orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Successful candidates will be willing team players, comfortable with electronic systems and willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met, including long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- Effectively plan and develop menus for the hotel considering factors such as product availability, food and service cost, marketing conditions and business volume; assign prices for daily menus that result in net profit; participate in making decisions regarding printing, layout, posting, and distribution of menus.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the division and hotel.
- Ensure that sanitation standards are in compliance to ensure cleanliness and kitchen organization.
- Set up control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A college degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head positions
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skill