About the job
In this role, you will be responsible to provide and maintain proper storage and control of aircraft spares and materials, tools equipment, supplies, and other technical materials to support Line and Base Maintenance, shops, and contracted operators in compliance with rules and regulations of Qatar Airways and regulatory authorities (QCAA/FAR/EASA/IATA/OEM) and other government agencies.
Procedure Manual (TPM), actively participates in binning, pre-loading, receiving and dispatch, issuing, and transferring of aircraft spares and materials, tools and equipment to support aircraft maintenance and workshop activities. Update the ERP inventory system and maintain records. Verify, review and report discrepancies noted in the inventory system to maintain reliability and accuracy of information.
- Ensure the tool’s completeness, and serviceability at the time of issuance/return, monitor calibration expiry, and follow up for outstanding tools.
- Ensure proper inspection of tools and availability of relevant certificates / release documents along with the tool.
- Ensure tool is physically located at its designated position as per the ERP.
- Ensure compliance with QR/QCAA, EASA-145 and OEMs requirements for storage and handling of aircraft spares and materials, tools and equipment within bounded and quarantine Stores with respect to cleanliness, storage condition, environment control, ESDS handling, shelf life / tool life and batch control, handling of dangerous goods. Ensure serviceable and unserviceable spares and tools are segregated, and traceability is established.
- Administer spares/tools dispatch activities for repair and outstation requirements. Ensure dangerous goods are shipped according to IATA DGR. Follow TPM for disposal action whenever an item is declared as scrap.
- Accomplish Quality Assurance, Finance and HSE requirements by adhering to the company policies, ensuring the stock accuracy and data integrity.
- Establish effective communication for seamless support to maintenance and shop activities and strive to avoid work stoppage or AOG situations. Ensure utmost care is taken while handling aircraft spares and materials, tools and equipment so that no damage is caused rendering it unfit for use.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
Dynamic and competent candidates to join the Technical GSE Department must possess the following:
- Qualification of High School, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is essential.
- AME Diploma (added advantage)
- Minimum 2+ years of job-related experience
- Dangerous Goods Regulation qualified (added advantage)
- To have a license and ability to operate Material handling equipment and vehicles (added advantage)
- Working experience within an airline Technical or Supply Chain department with respect to tools stores/warehouse operations.
Job Specific Skills
- Adapt with multi-tasking and time management skills and self-supervising capabilities.
- Proficient in English reading and writing with good Communication skills.
- Knowledge of the airline’s computerized inventory controlling system.
- Ability to understand Parts certification, Company Publications such as Shelf Life Manual and TPM, and HSE manual, Familiar with EASA, FAA, and QCAA regulations.
- Good analytical skills on materials specifications, products and industry requirements to comply with spares acceptance requirements.