About the job
Provide independent and objective assurance to the Board Audit Committee on the effectiveness of QatarEnergy’s governance, risk management and control practices over operations and projects through a structured program of risk-based internal audits. The assurance is provided by managing risk-based audits of QatarEnergy:
- Operations and project management activities and business processes.
- Support functions include Human Capital, Finance & Strategy, Legal, Business Support Services (HSE, Business Services, Information Technology, and Industrial Cities), and CEO’s Office.
- Upstream and downstream subsidiaries, Joint Ventures and PSAs.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 15 years of internal auditing experience, including 5 years of industry experience and at least 5 years in an internal audit management role.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry with strong analytical skills required to identify and to resolve key business control and compliance issues.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required to successfully engage auditee management in discussions on key issues and the need for change.
- Ability to manage/cope with changes in technology and an advanced understanding of data analytics.
- Experience in audit-related projects e.g. implementing audit management software.
- The job holder has routine contact with QatarEnergy’s senior management (Executive Vice Presidents, VPs, Corporate Managers, etc.) to plan audits and to report audit results including managing risk-based audits of QatarEnergy operations and project processes.
- A high level of functional situational awareness, discretion, diplomacy, transparency and independence is required.
- Strong leadership skills to ensure operations and project audits are conducted according to plan and in a professional manner to ensure that Internal Audit remains independent and respected by all stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and communications skills are required to balance the development of good working relationships with senior management whilst maintaining Internal Audit’s objectivity and independence.
- The incumbent is required to routinely manage significant and complex unplanned audit assignments.
- Audit assignments take place at various QatarEnergy and non-QatarEnergy locations within Qatar and internationally. This requires the incumbent to travel to, from and between these locations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, financial, engineering, economics, or other relevant discipline
- Postgraduate professional qualifications is preferred.