About the job
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
This position is concerned with maintaining the highest level of attentive service to all guests and constantly projecting warmth and friendliness. Maintaining dining reservations using the dining reservation system and updating patrons’ preferences & history.
Food & Beverage Mission Statement
Food & Beverage will be recognized as the market leader by providing consistent and personalized service, by offering innovative concepts and products, not yet available on the market. We are committed to creating an environment where teamwork is honored, and honesty and integrity are valued. Our well-trained and professional colleagues will be focused on delivering high-quality products and memorable experiences that will strengthen our customer engagement in the resort and through social media.
Fairmont is a place where the well-being of our guests is our main priority. We will emotionally engage the local and international community, anticipate and exceed their wishes and needs, thus creating guests for life. Our Food and Beverage outlets will capture the attention of global media, making it the first choice for international awards and social events and becoming the benchmark for the Local and International Food & Beverage industry.
Our financial success will strengthen the food and beverage reputation amongst current and new owners, by achieving Top Line Revenue and high EBITA surpassing their budget expectations. It is our responsibility and commitment to give back to the community by being a true artist Ambassador.
Gracious with people, ruthless with standards, and hungry for more.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work which is why every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all times.
- Motivator & role model
- Positive attitude and well spoken
- Result driven
- Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Team creator
- Customer/people oriented
Key Deliverables And Responsibilities
- Ensure correct grooming standards are followed at all times
- Exceed guest satisfaction by knowing preferences and updating profiles
- Attending to phone queries or reservations.
- Attending to walk-ins.
- Following up on restaurants’ financial, LQA, TrustYou, and Forbes targets on a daily basis
- Anticipate and service of guests’ requirements at all times
- Following up on daily financial targets of area/division
- Use opening and closing checklist to ensure smooth opening and closing of the venue
- Communicating reservations needs and special requests to the Managers
- Coordinating reservations with Dining Reservation Department & other Hostesses.
- Managing the logbook
- Handling seating cards to enable guest recognition.
- Maintaining guest history.
- Assisting guests to their tables.
- Seating of guests.
- Upkeep of the menus in an impeccable manner ensuring there is no spelling nor grammatical mistakes and free of marks
- To coordinate and assist in service according to service standards.
- To ensure a very high standard of service is held and maintained at all times.
- To communicate with Supervisors, Assistant Manager of all issues concerning the outlet.
- To be aware of Hotel standards & policies.
- To feel empowered and accountable within the workplace
- Keep the manager on duty updated of any guest feedback so they can update the Glitch Report
- Maintains the HACCP & FIFO standards as required by the regional governing body
- Follow Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency
- Attend all necessary briefings and training sessions as instructed by the Manager
- Handle financial procedures according to guidelines set by the finance department
- Identify potential problems and anticipate guest needs, ask for assistance before service breakdown occurs
- Perform any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
- All issues and negative guest feedback need to be properly reported on the glitch system
- Follow the care program at all times, and report issues through the system to maintenance
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A 1-year similar position in a 5-star international hotel, bar and lounge. ME experience will be a plus
- Engaging outgoing personality, smart, guest handing focus, smile