About the job
Distinguished design, superlative style, and warm and genuine service make this Luxury & Lifestyle Collection truly unique and special. With the strategic rapid growth of our luxury brands in Qatar at IHG Hotels and Resorts, we are looking for a seasoned Sales Executive with luxury and lifestyle brand hotel experiences to join our team in Doha.
Just a stone’s throw from the many favorite sights of the Qatari capital, the hotel will welcome guests and locals to experience its 283 guest rooms, including suites and serviced apartments, and to enjoy a multitude of unique dining options.
Here’s a little taste of your day-to-day:
Your day to day
- Establishes and maintains contacts within the assigned industry.
- Active outside face-to-face sales calling required
- Identifies and analyses competition and takes appropriate action steps.
- Follows the established Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Establishes quarterly action plans for the handled key prospect and key accounts.
- Maintains efficient sales office procedures and ensures the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Maintains all sales systems, such as sales records and reports, conference calendar, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated, and mailing lists.
- Ensures the prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts (i.e., tracing, booking, contracting, communicating with departments, and following up with the group for feedback and future bookings).
- Maintains high visibility in the surrounding community and in the hospitality community as appropriate.
- Set up appropriate filing systems of existing and potential accounts, keeping up to date and properly categorized.
- Submit monthly and weekly sales plans as well as daily sales/activity reports which will also include persons entertained for sales purposes.
- Professionally represents the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Provide feedback and support to all departments.
- Participate as a team player with all departments.
- Assist with projects and reports.
- Communication: Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and by guests who frequently visit the workplace.
- Experience: Previous hotel-related experience, sales management experience in hotel or service industry.
- Physical: Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing, writing, and excellent speaking ability.
- Technological: Must be competent in computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database). Background in automated sales office systems is helpful.
- Should have a track record of successful customer service.
What We Need From You
- At least 2years’ experience in an administrative role
- Previous hotel experience is preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skill
- Team player
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays