About the job
We are recruiting for Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor –Engine Facility to be based in Doha, Qatar.
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor –Engine Facility will Independently support the Engine facility management, in order to manage Qatar Airways Engines and apus so that engine build-up, storage, shipping, management of robbed items and borescope inspections are performed in an efficient and timely manner. To supervise a strong team consisting of LAEs to meet the highly demanding operational requirements in keeping with the defined Qatar Airways Quality procedures.
- Managing the shift production operation in the engine facility.
- Supervise the production planning and control function in the engine facility.
- Ensure all tools, and equipment for engine/APU build-up and BSIs are maintained.
- Perform and Lead engine /APU receipt inspections, dispatch inspections, engine transportations and LRU build-up and certifications.
- Reviewing the work and resources allocated and required to ensure expedient accomplishment of tasks utilizing allocated staff.
- Ensure the team adheres to all pertinent safety precautions as published in manufactures and company relevant publications on all tasks in relation to the Accomplishment of scheduled, unscheduled BSIs and engine build up tasks.
- Directly responsible to coordinate and supervise the engine maintenance activities required in order to provide serviceable engines that meet operation requirements while satisfying QCAA/EASA standards of airworthiness.
- Ensuring ordering all required parts for operational/maintenance reasons well on time so that any work stoppage is avoided
- Manage, plan and control Engine Facility maintenance activities in order to achieve high operational reliability of QTR aircraft operation.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Licensed Aircraft Engineer holding ICAO Type I or II or EASA B1/B2 license.
- Licensed engineer holding a minimum of 6 QTR engine type / BSI qualifications or 5 Aircraft /Engine type authorizations operated by QTR
- Recognized engine type rating and detailed knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals and company procedures.
- Minimum of 07 years experience in Line/Base or 04 years of power plant shop experience.
- Minimum 5 QTR Aircraft Type Qualification or 6 Engine BSI type Qualification.
- Minimum 3 years served as senior LAE or Previous supervisory role.
- Ability to retrieve and read data from technical publications.
- V2500, Trent 500, GE CF6-80E1, GE90, GENx, GP7000, Trent XWB GTCP 331-250/350, APS3200, Airbus and Boeing documentation experience.
- Bore scope Approvals on V2500, Trent 500, GE CF6-80E1, GE90, GENx, CFM 56 and Trent XWB would be an added advantage.
- Previous Supervisory Experience.
- Engine Shop certification Experience.
- Engine Heavy Maintenance Experience.
- Engine Change Experience
- Engine Defect Rectification Experience.
- Borescope Experience
- Boro Blending Experience.