About the job
Provide Security & Emergency Response related direction, guidance and leadership to Onshore EPC PMT and CONTRACTOR(s) for fieldwork across all EPC packages. Ensures that the Onshore SHES requirements (specifically those related to security and emergency response) are planned, implemented, and verified and that, were necessary, improvement opportunities are discussed and executed.
- Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR(s) and SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and effectively provides oversight on Security & Emergency Response personnel to ensure compliance with all Project & SHES requirements.
- Support the Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert Security & Emergency Response advice and guidance to all relevant personnel, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the Company Mission to protect its people, assets, and environment.
- Manage the relevant elements of the Project SHES Management system, its procedures and programs and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract Exhibit 5, Appendix III, SHES Instructions Part 1 to 5, with particular focus on Part 5.
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all SHES-related disciplines and scope of work with a particular focus on Security & Emergency Response related matters. Shall be flexible and team-orientated. Supports the SHES Manager Shared Resources as the key focal point for site activities related to Security & Emergency Response.
- Provides oversight in field for newly onboarded EPC CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and Vendors across all EPC packages, to verify understanding and compliance to project Security & Emergency Response requirements. Monitors the performance of Security & Emergency Response personnel. Also supports traffic management, control, and oversight in support of relevant EPC package PMTs, including the oversight of the Traffic Violation Tribunal (TVT).
- Champion on-site awareness for Security & Emergency Response requirements amongst CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily monitoring of access control and Security & Emergency Response personnel Toolbox Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) as required.
- Supports the CONTRACTOR development of Security and Emergency response drills and exercise schedules that rigorously tests the project operational readiness. Where appropriate, such drills and exercises will include Company Site and other external agency participation and observation. Ensures that the appropriate pre-planned security and emergency response.
- actions are taken during crises, incidents, and emergencies to secure the optimum result with the absolute minimum impact on project activities.
- Verification of Security & Emergency response site resource allocation, competencies and performance. Supports the review and approval of relevant Security & Emergency response personnel during mobilization for all organizations & provides mentoring and promotes the development of such personnel.
- Provides oversight on the operation of the Joint Operation Centre (JOC) including the issuance of alerts and notification of events.
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required in coordination with SHES Manager Shared Resources and Rescue Head, e.g., Company Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s), etc. Manage Security & Emergency Response related interface with Company on behalf of the CONTRACTOR when required.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and visible presence for in-field activities to build the security culture and emergency response readiness through continual improvement on the project, through all phases of the work including SIMOPS.
- Participates in Security & Emergency response-related meetings across all EPC packages as needed and participates in meetings involving CONTRACTOR Security & Emergency Response problems/incidents. Participate in site reviews, walkthroughs, audits as well as Camp related Security & Emergency Response matters.
- Ensures Onshore Security and Emergency response procedures across all EPC packages are kept current, updated and aligned with Company and state agency standards and requirements. Communicate such procedures and ensure that the appropriate training by these procedures is performed.
- Emergency Response related degree /diploma; or 20 years experience in lieu of degree.
- FEMA Professional Development training suite or equivalent.
- Taproot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis training or equivalent.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of industry-relevant HSE experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e., greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.
- Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft Office applications.