About the job
QatarEnergy is an integrated national oil corporation that stands at the forefront of efforts for the long-term sustainable development, utilization and monetization of oil and gas resources in the State of Qatar.
QatarEnergy’s activities and those of its subsidiaries and joint ventures encompass the entire oil and gas value chain spectrum locally, regionally, and internationally. They include the exploration, refining and production, marketing, and sale of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum
The primary purpose of the job
The Sr. Economic Analyst provides critical analysis to assess annual sales within our marketing directorate. The position is responsible for developing a short-term market outlook for management, integrating a variety of internal and external outputs.
The position reviews and supports sales plans ensuring benchmarks are established and will provide unbiased market intelligence and analysis.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Minimum 7 years or relevant experience providing market analysis related to the oil and petrochemical industry
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, economics, business or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal functional supervision.
- Fundamental solid understanding in economic analysis.
- Excellent analytical and data management skills.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting requirements and expectations.
- Sound ability in developing and making senior management presentations.