About the job
Defines the data governance strategy for the organization. Leads the planning, evaluating, and selecting the right data governance capabilities for the enterprise and helping Data staff to have the best skills, processes, and technologies possible. Advisor to the leadership team on enterprise-wide data governance solutions and challenges.
- Manage enterprise data governance framework, strategy, and maturity
- Implement and maintain solutions to manage data governance
- Defines policies, standards and guidelines for data governance
- Budget management for operational costs and data investments
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Management or an engineering/business-related equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in Data Management (D/IM) for Oil and Gas Upstream/Downstream Operations and Major Capital Projects.
- 5+ years of experience in a management/lead position working through the definition and implementation of similar engineering information projects;
- Solid track record implementing scalable data technology stacks and designing fault-tolerant interfaces to data
- Have a deep theoretical understanding and practical experience in Data Governance including Data Management, Data Life Cycle and Data Stewardship
- Good understanding of the data solutions used for different Data and Information Management such as Metadata management, Master data Management, Data Quality, etc.
- Experience in Project management and Stakeholder management
- Experience in different data integration methods
- Good understanding of Upstream and Downstream DIM requirements
- Good Knowledge of Database systems, EDMS solutions and BI Technologies
- Good Knowledge of Applications Architecture, Information Security Principles
- Fluent English both spoken and written