About the job
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
- By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
- Do what you love; care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo!
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensures that all Front Office Standards Operating policies and procedures are adhered.
- Responsible for the completion nightly end of day reporting; ensuring accuracy in the balancing of accounts
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our promise and philosophy of colleague empowerment
- Strong and effective communication with all other departments
- Provides guidance and motivation to the night team. Establishes and communicates on a daily basis with the Front Office leaders. A strong commitment to colleague satisfaction.
- Responsible to balance operational, administrative and colleague needs
- Responsible for ensuring consistency in exceeding guest service expectations (Fairmont Hotels & Resorts programs as a measurement tool)
- Provides passionate direction toward achieving our vision
- Conducts night colleague performance evaluations on a timely basis, including corrective action and coaching
- Develops, implements and/or maintains new incentives to motivate colleagues and maximize hotel revenue
- Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold-out nights
- Adheres to and promotes the Company’s Health and Safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and knowledgeable all safety and emergency procedures
- Previous experience is an asset
- Minimum 3 years previous management experience in Front Office operations
- Proven ability to guide and coach team members
- Operational knowledge and proficiency in Front Office Systems-Micros-Fidelio and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent leadership, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior leadership and coaching skills with a proven track record of developing and motivating career-minded professionals.
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
- Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while considering all aspects of the job i.e. Financial, Operational, Human Resources
- Working knowledge of a second language operation is an asset