About the job
Works in a project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best-in-class Safety, Health, Environmental and Security performance by creating a working environment that sustains the Project Team Vision, Mission and Values; Works effectively within established procedures or creates and endorses new procedures as necessary to further develop the COMPANY Project Management philosophy; Works closely with Division Manager, Engineering and Construction teams to define solutions and resolutions, which are inherently complex, time-critical, and frequently involve conflicting priorities between various parties.
- Manage all technical Interfaces, ensure comprehensive, multi-functional review of all requests and meets Project objectives, requirements, budget, and schedule;
- Assess information on overall Interface Agreements (IA) process performance and implement improvements ensuring that the process is fit for purpose, well established and maintained. Manage guidelines and procedures necessary to support and control the Interface Agreement (IA) process within Compression Project organization;
- Plan and organize the interface works and activities based on identified interfaces and priorities;
- Provides clear, accurate, timely, and consistent two-way communication with other organizations (internal & external) with respect to the exchange and alignment of interfaces-related information and documentation;
- Manage Contractor’s interface team to ensure all inputs from other EPCs, engineering and construction teams to receive timely approvals of technical work packs;
- Provide leadership and accountability for the COMP2 Project interfaces with internal and external parties;
- Promote clear, accurate, timely, and consistent communication with internal organizations with respect to transferring interface information and documentation;
- Review, coordinate comments to support approval of COMP2 Interface Management Plan;
- Operates in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment which requires professional conduct and proper office protocol;
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to induce collaboration and make decision by being accountable;
- Interacts effectively with COMPANY Management including statutory auditors, shareholder auditors and other entities to discuss Project practices and issues as they may arise;
- Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, self-confidence, fairness, and ability to effectively manage his team;
- Has autonomy over scheduling and planning of own work; organizes efforts of work group to achieve overall efficiency;
- Establishes credibility with EPC Contractors, his managers, peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with proven project management and execution experience specifically extensive knowledge of procedures, rules & regulations of Qatar will be added advantage;
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in the oil and gas industry and preferably offshore project related with a minimum of 5 years in a management position;
- Proven experience as Discipline Engineer, Project Engineer, experience as Interface Engineer or Interface Head is preferable but not essential for the right candidate;
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Able to write Technical reports in English;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong leadership skills.