About the job
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
Do what you love; care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo!
The Spa Receptionist welcomes all spa guests who enter the spa and fitness area as well as primary support in the successful booking of spa treatments. They are responsible for providing customized, personal attention, anticipating the guest needs, and escorting them to the appropriate areas throughout the spa. Appropriate and warm guest communication and engagement is essential to the success of this role. The receptionist supports overall communication for a smooth guest experience.
- Adhere to the Spa Policy & Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Be a host to the guests of the spa. This includes greeting them in person or over the phone in a friendly, efficient and professional manner, as well as escorting them to the appropriate facilities. This role is also expected to be flexible to support other spa and fitness staff when needed.
- Receive and respond to all guest concerns, comments or complaints with discretion and urgency.
- Encourage rebooking for spa guests and correct any errors with care and urgency.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of treatments, spa therapy, and the facility.
- Provide information and literature about the spa in person and over the telephone.
- Handle all transactions and maintain the daily balance with efficiency and accuracy.
- Schedule treatment bookings and ensure smooth operation of the reception.
- Ensure ambiance levels, such as lighting and music are correctly set and maintained and all areas are clean and organized.
- Maintain confidentiality for all spa guests/members and employees.
- Report any security concerns to the hotel management relating to guest safety.
- Support spa team with any daily/monthly reports required by finance.
- Administrative And Financial Responsibilities
- Operate point of sale system and collect payments from clients for all services rendered.
- Maintain a spa database for ongoing guest communication.
- Work towards retail and treatment revenue goals set by the department.
- Maintain inventory and stocking of all reception materials and their accurate records.
- Maintain cleanliness of spa testers and accurate supply of products on the shelves.
- Confirm all spa bookings, VIP arrivals and accommodate guest preference.
- Review appropriate room bookings and blocking to ensure smooth operations in treatment rooms.
- Practice yield management and promote all ongoing offers for the guest.
- Report any discrepancies in retail inventory.
- Maintain accurate accounting procedures for monetary transactions and reconcile all of them by the end of the work shift.
Guest Quality and Operational Excellence
- Recognize arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in the spa, fitness, recreation facility and hotel.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition and clean at all times.
- Responsible for driving the guest experience and communication amongst colleagues orchestrating a smooth guest sequence delivery.
- Ensure guest/member preferences and special requests are accommodated to the best of the property’s abilities.
- Ensure the facility is receiving the highest ratings from guest satisfaction surveys.
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency.
- Maintain the provision of amenities and towels, this includes stocking fresh ones and collecting used ones and ensuring delivery to the needful delivery points.
- Ensure lighting and music levels are correctly set and maintained.
- Clean and disinfect all reception area and if asked, support the cleanliness and hygiene of the member locker room.
- Restock water and maintain a selection of magazines at all time.
- Talent and Culture / Team Communications
- Ensure reception team maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the hotel.
- Adhere to the policy relating to safety.
- Adhere to all standards related to the brand and employee handbook.
- Participate in all departmental and hotel training and keep informed of any new offerings and product promotions
- Attend all colleague briefings and meetings.
- Understand and adhere to the Accor Code of Ethics.
- Education and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience as a spa receptionist.
- Confident in guest handling and ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Multitasking and coordinating with different teams is a requirement.
- Computer skills related to spa appointment software and cashier process.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Quick thinker, courteous and welcoming.
- Professional and well-groomed.