About the job
About The Role
The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalizing the end-to-end value chain to fortifying a true e-commerce experience to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more.
At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation program. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless of whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of
Qatar Airways Cargo Customer Experience team as a Lead Cargo Bus. Intelligence & Analytics Officer in our office in Doha.
Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of the Cargo Customer Experience team. We care, we lead and we have fun managing small to large-scale business transformation projects to offer simple service to our customers while connecting global communities.
The role will be responsible to develop data models through analytical data processing and guiding business leadership to specific decision-making. Lead the team into providing solutions for internal stakeholder requirements and ensuring the MIS databases are refreshed and maintained on a timely and accurate manner.
The Role Includes
- Enhance reporting and business insights by developing a “best-in-class” reporting function that delivers timely, meaningful business performance tools which drive measurable business value.
- Develop logical and conceptual data flow to support major departmental project requirements within the Cargo Department and Qatar Airways, ensure all relevant KPIs for the Cargo Division within Qatar Airways are available on a timely basis.
- Manage the Cargo’s repository of data (Data library (SharePoint) / Data Warehouse) effectively and ensure that high-quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or Science related field with a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience in a data engineering-related role
- Experience in analytics in the aviation industry is preferred
- Certification with Microsoft, Tableau or related companies relevant to internal tools used
- Good knowledge of Data Engineering in SQL or PSQL
- Proven Experience in the creation of quality code and transforming current data manipulation processing into efficient code
- Proven leadership in driving Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Command of the English language
- Team-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment