About the job
A Steward / Kitchen Porter will ensure the proper maintenance of all house/kitchen operations, as well as the cleanliness and sanitation of all food preparation and storerooms in the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As a Steward / Kitchen Porter, you will oversee the hotel’s back-of-house operation by ensuring proper maintenance of all operating equipment and dishwashing machines and providing the highest level of attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of all food and storage outlets. Specifically, the Steward / Kitchen Porter will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean and keep tidy the restaurant(s), kitchen(s) and all food outlets within the hotel
- Keep storerooms clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure hygiene and health and safety standards are met at all times
- Work with the kitchen to provide excellent service to our Guests
What are we looking for?
A Steward / Kitchen Porter serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience handling and working with chemicals
- A valid and current (proof may be required) qualification in food hygiene or similar
- A passion for providing great service
- A professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to perform in a team and autonomously