About the job
A Cafeteria Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the entire cafeteria area including hot and cold food and beverage lines, prep area, seating area and break-down area. Removes and replenishes cafeteria supplies.
What will I be doing?
- Provide prompt and courteous service to team members in the cafeteria by setting up and replenishing the food line, salad bar, and all other food and beverage stations.
- Maintain cleanliness of the entire cafeteria area including the food line, prep area and seating area.
- Obtains and maintains all necessary supplies from the kitchen to set up the cafeteria during scheduled hours of service. This includes removing and replenishing dishware, silverware, glassware, serving utensils, paper supplies, and condiments. Uses standard wheel cart to move supplies between cafeteria and kitchen
- Performs all clean-up duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, wiping down tables and chairs, and breaking down areas. Performs general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor in order to maintain health and sanitation standards. Cleans and dries floors to prevent slip/fall accidents or injuries
- Restocks milk dispensers and ensures soda and juice dispensers are full throughout the shift
- Set up and maintain the food line and salad bar as needed on a timely basis
- Report any guest/team member dissatisfaction to Supervisor for resolution
- Perform pre-meal and post-meal side work such as salad bar prep, dessert prep, etc.
What are we looking for?
A Cafeteria Attendant serving Hilton Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English so as to fully comprehend job requests, caution notices, and similar written materials, and to communicate effectively with fellow team members
- Ability to transport heavy objects through crowded rooms safely
- Must be able to obtain a state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation
- At least 1 year of experience in a food service position
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred