About the job
Scope and Objectives
This position is concerned with being responsible for serving food & beverage to the guest according to the service standards, policy, procedure & etiquette, in line with our motto.
Food & Beverage Mission Statement
Food & Beverage will be recognized as the market leader by providing consistent and personalized service, by offering innovative concepts and products, not yet available on the market. We are committed to creating an environment where teamwork is honored, and honesty and integrity are valued. Our well-trained and professional colleagues will be focused on delivering high-quality products and memorable experiences that will strengthen our customer engagement in the resort and through social media.
Fairmont is a place where the well-being of our guests is our main priority. We will emotionally engage the local and international community, anticipate and exceed their wishes and needs, thus creating guests for life. Our Food and Beverage outlets will capture the attention of global media, making it the first choice for international awards and social events and becoming the benchmark for the Local and international Food & Beverage industry.
Our financial success will strengthen the food and beverage reputation amongst current and new owners, by achieving Top Line Revenue and high EBITA surpassing their budget expectations. It is our responsibility and commitment to give back to the community by being a true artist Ambassador.
Gracious with people, ruthless with standards and hungry for more.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work which is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
Key Deliverables And Responsibilities
- Ensure correct grooming standards are followed at all times
- Exceed guest satisfaction by knowing preferences and updating profiles
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the restaurant menu & daily specials at all times
- To be familiar with the beverage service including glasses used and appropriate garnishes
- Following up restaurants’ financial, LQA, TrustYou and Forbes targets on a daily basis
- Anticipate and service of guests’ requirements at all times
- Following up daily financial targets of area/division
- Use opening and closing checklist to ensure smooth opening and closing of the venue
- Ensure service stations are constantly cleared and re-stocked during service
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner
- Present menus in a proactive manner
- To feel empowered and accountable within the work place
- Keep manager on duty updated of any guest feedback so they can update the Glitch Report
- Maintains the HACCP & FIFO standards as required by the regional governing body
- Follow Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency
- Attend all necessary briefings and training sessions as instructed by the Manager
- Handle financial procedures according to guidelines set by the finance department
- Identify potential problems and anticipate guest needs, ask for assistance before service breakdown occurs
- Perform any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
- All issues and negative guest feedback needs to be properly reported on glitch system
- Follow care program at all times, and report issues through the system to maintenance
- Motivator & role model
- Positive attitude and well spoken
- Result driven
- Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Team creator
- Customer/people oriented