About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Licensed Technician, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Licensed Technician will be responsible for the timely performance of all assigned scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities in accordance with the QCAA Regulations, QR Standards and procedures to the highest standards of practice to ensure safety of flight for all Qatar Executive (QE) and third-party aircraft. In this role, you ensure that all assigned scheduled and unscheduled maintenance conducted on QE Aircraft and third parties is performed in the most productive and cost-effective manner using all resources at their disposal.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Perform assigned maintenance tasks like arrival and departure, schedule inspection or trouble shooting in strict accordance with the technical documentation provided. Plan and carry out assigned tasks in an effective manner by ensuring all required assistance, materials and tooling are on-hand to complete the task within the agreed timeframe.
- Perform inspections/tests of a/c systems, structure and power plants as per technical documentation.
- Through effective troubleshooting to determine the cause of a/c defects and resolve these defects quickly.
- Clearly communicate with the Lead Engineer status of work performed, any issues arising and provide constructive feedback/recommendations regarding any difficulties encountered during maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Adjust, align and calibrate a/c systems using hand tools, gauges, instruments and test equipment.
- Inspects power plants, APUs (Auxiliary Power Units) and other components for cracks, wear, damage, leaks or incorrect function.
- Perform operational/functional tests, as well as rigging and adjustment of power plants, APU’s, systems and components to determine serviceability, diagnose and resolve malfunctions.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems or components in accordance with Engineering Orders, Drawings and/or Technical Publications.
- Ensures regular reviews are conducted to ensure that the apprenticeship program is progressing at the agreed pace and the KPI targets are being achieved.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of Department
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized Aeronautical or Technical College.
- Minimum of 5 years as an aircraft mechanic with at least 3 years experience on modern turbine aircraft, with practical experience on corporate aircraft.
- Practical training in Line and Base Maintenance activities.
- Practical experience on complex aircraft.
- Holder of AML ICAO Type II or equivalent (P-145)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where accuracy and reliability are critical for the success of the operation.
- In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals and aviation legislation as it applies to aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to perform effectively within the environment of time constraints to resolve issues with a high level of technical competence and professionalism.
- Ability to read, understand and implement instructions from Technical Manuals and Documents.
- Capable of determining the most appropriate tools and equipment to perform the task at hand.
- Detail-oriented to ensure very high standards of aircraft serviceability and appearance.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Practical outlook to determine most suitable solution.
- Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English.