About the job
About The Role
As Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for assisting the Duty Manager to co-ordinate the shift operations of the shop floor, with a particular focus on Sales, Customer Service, Merchandising of stocks, Staff allocation, Cash spot-checks, Stock Checking, Shift Closing, Customer Grievances, etc. Shop Supervisor plays a role in achieving the Daily/Sales Budget, by directing and motivating the respective team reporting to you.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Assist the Duty Manager in organizing the daily operational shop requirements such as staffing, cash and stocking to ensure that sales are maximized and company policy and procedures are followed by the staff.
- Monitor and addresses any issues in relation to stocks to the relevant party in order to maintain the stock level of the shop and to maximize sales opportunities.
- Assist the Duty manager in carrying out the daily priorities on a shift basis to ensure work flow completed within required timeline.
- Monitor the cash discrepancies of Sales Assistant within the Shop, ensure stock shrinkage does not exceed the budget.
- Conduct on the job training with the new sales teams to help improve their customer service and product knowledge skills to better serve the customer.
- Facilitate random spot checks on tills on a daily bases to maintain the companies honestly and Integrity standards are being applied by our staff.
- Co-ordinate the handover of shift briefings with the Duty Manager, regarding the daily tasks, store conditions, sales, shift coverage, and the day to day operations.
- Complete proper closing procedures per company policy of tills, store in-stock conditions, merchandising, and visual standards for assigned area.
- Handling sales returns and void slips.
- Authorizations of staff discounts whenever required, ensuring employee are not exceeding the monthly purchase limit and consistent approach has been applied to all employees.
- Respond positively to guest feedback/complain, understand guest expectations, brings all complaints to the attention of the Duty Manager or Assistant Retail Manager for future improvement.
- Deputize for duty manager when necessary.
- Communicating on a daily bases with the sales team on special promotions, and new products launches by conducting pre-shift briefings, ensuring the team is well briefed, and trained prior the launch of the new products and promotions.
- As an integral part of Sales team, Shop Supervisor plays a role in achieving the Daily/Sales Budget, by informing their shift of the sale
QualificationsAbout youThe successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant Tertiary, Trade or Vocational Degree or Diploma or equivalent
- Experienced – minimum 4 years of job-related experience required
- Proven track record in the ability to manage stock on a day-to-day basis.
- Direct hands-on experience in retail inventory management.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of statistical process control.
- Leads and directs the work of the team.
- Proven track record of handling complex issues and negotiations.
- Ability to organise and prioritize tasks on a regular basis.
- Able to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Well-developed lateral and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong people manager; able to lead a professional team.
- Excellent project management skills; able to deliver tasks within tight deadlines.
- Creative and innovative; able to design new and effective solutions.