About the job
- Manage the food FMCG sections of the store to deliver expected sales growth through high standards of display, quality and availability.
- Ensure the achievement of sales to target.
- Constantly monitor and ensure that wages are within the agreed budget.
- Monitor and report on damages and shrink areas to the Branch Manager, minimizing loss and maximizing visual display.
- Conduct frequent reviews of the shop floor displays and coach the FMCG team to deliver consistently high standards that exceed customer expectations and respond to seasonal needs.
- Ensure adherence to company processes in delivering a safe and legal shop floor, complaint to Baladiya requirements and a safe working environment for colleagues and customers.
- Ensure compliance in ordering stock from suppliers ( including promotional stock ) as per the schedule and manage the Branch Manager’s adherence to the process.
- Approve returns from customers as requested by the Supervisor – Customer Service.
- Monitor the receipt and storage of goods to ensure that no losses arise and that an efficient replenishment process is maintained. Ensure a secure process for high-value goods through transit, storage and sale.
- Review process adoption by colleagues and streamline working practices to make the shop floor replenishment more effective and minimize customer disruption.
- Liaise with the Branch Manager on people issues and agree on performance management objectives for the General Merchandise team.
- Keep legal records as required to a high standard and for easy access.
- Coach and mentor all team members, especially direct reports for performance and work closely with them during the various stages of the performance cycle ( goal setting, performance evaluations, etc. )
- Perform all other duties as delegated by the Branch Manager, or as per business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field preferable, mandatory retail experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a quality retail organization.
- Previous Middle East/GCC experience is preferable.
- Must provide NOC, Immediate Joiner preferred
- Attention to detail and visual merchandising acumen are a must.
- Strong process skills, able to recognize why consistency is not delivered.
- Good communicator and influencer, able to liaise with more senior people.