About the job
The Electronic Technician Trainee is responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of equipment as per operational demands. The Electronic Technician Trainee improves the maintenance-related nonproductive time ratio of the Product Line’s assets within the Maintenance Base (MB) and improves maintenance efficiency and people productivity.
- Repair and maintain electric, electronic, and computer-based equipment according to company quality and safety standards.
- Comply with all governmental regulations, and industry standards and observes all health, safety, and environmental policies to reduce environmental impacts.
- Repair and troubleshoot PLC, electrical, electronic, and computer-based equipment and systems located on cementing pumps & blending units and electronic shop repairs and laboratory base equipment maintenance as per stem & ACP guidelines.
- Assist mechanical technicians in conducting planned scheduled maintenance and repairing electrical and Electronic problems both land and offshore.
- Troubleshoot and test electrical and electronic problems on equipment in the workshop and field repairs offshore.
- Assist in training and supporting operation personnel and mechanics to troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems.
- Familiarity with electronic systems, electrical & electronic computer-based equipment.
- Electrical & electronic maintenance experience.
- Willingness to travel offshore on an ad-hoc basis.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge would be beneficial.
- The Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Electronic Technicians with a minimum diploma.