About the job
We are looking for a Country Manager in Qatar to lead and launch our Ride-hailing business.
This strategic role will be the interface between our business and the key country stakeholders (i.e. regulators, government officials, local communities etc). You will be working closely with the local operations team, Regional manager, HQ teams (ie Growth Analytics, Expansion, Global Operations, Marketing, Product, Regulatory, CS).
Bolt is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe and Africa, with over 100 million customers in 45+ countries. We’re a global team of more than 100 nationalities joined on a common mission – to make cities for people, not cars. And we need you to make it happen!
About The Role
You will be responsible for leading the market, developing and nurturing critical relationships that will grow our business, strengthen our position and build drivers & riders growth, engagement and retention while managing a high-performing team.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Lead the financial and strategic planning process and be responsible for its implementation for Qatar
- Define, implement and optimize local business and operational strategies/goals with the local operations team
- Advocating and elevating Bolt’s brand, product and service by working closely with local authorities and policymakers
- Expand Bolt’s presence and services across the country
- Establish strategic partnerships with local fleet owners and other relevant businesses/entities
- Identify trends, risks and improvement opportunities on a local level that may impact the business
- Advise and closely collaborate with HQ teams such as Product, Legal or Marketing to develop and execute key initiatives that drives growth and efficiency
- Take ownership of Bolt’s growth in Qatar by ensuring both local operations and HQ teams support and collaborate actively with each other to meet business goals
- You have 7+ years of experience in an operations management or general management role
- You are a strong leader and collaborator with excellent negotiation and communication skills (both verbal and written) in English and Arabic
- You are a hustler, not stopping after several obstacles a day
- You are highly analytical and have a data-driven mindset with excellent Excel skills
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or another analytical subject
- You are passionate about new technologies and ride-sharing
- You have a strong sense of ownership with a hands-on approach
- You are comfortable with developing business frameworks to support your strategies and decisions
Experience is great, but what we really look for is drive, intelligence, and integrity. So even if you don’t tick every box, please consider applying if you feel you’re the kind of person described above!
Why you’ll love it here:
- Play a direct role in shaping the future of mobility.
- Impact millions of customers and partners in 500+ cities across 45 countries.
- Work in fast-moving autonomous teams with some of the smartest people in the world.
- Accelerate your professional growth with unique career opportunities.
- Get a rewarding salary and stock option package that lets you focus on doing your best work.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working in a hybrid mode.
- Take care of your physical and mental health with our wellness perks.
- Some perks may differ depending on your location.