About the job
Responsible for overseeing the Process Engineering team and EPC Contractor in the delivery of all aspects of Process selection, design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensure process design considers the full production life cycle.
Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
Knowledge and/or Experience
15 years experience as a Lead or Senior Process Engineering supervisory level with a broad knowledge of Liquefaction Process Design and Engineering execution on LNG projects including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations
FEED and EPC detailed design experience with large utility systems in O&G facilities
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provides Process engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Process team design in office 1B in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
2. Directs the preparation and stewardship of Process engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advices and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
3. Maintains close liaison with members of the Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
4. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Qatargas Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Qatargas Project Management System (QGPMS).
5. Manages EPC Contractor’s Process engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
6. Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
7. Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all fabrication and construction contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
8. Leads the Master’s Data Register (MDR) including creation and approval and owns the planning and scheduling of the Process deliverables to enable efficient project execution.
9. Responsible for the Process engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
10. Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.