About the job
The Accounts Payable Supervisor position is responsible for ensuring that all Accounts Payable transactions are posted regularly and payments to the vendors are generated on a timely basis. General Accountants should also ensure that backup records for all accounts payable transactions are properly maintained.
• Coordinates with Department Heads and the Purchasing Department for accurate and timely processing of accounts payable
• Compares and controls suppliers’ invoices and credit notes with all related documents (purchase order/request, delivery notes and “receiving” reports).
• Ensures that purchases are duly authorized and that all documents are signed in approval by the concerned officials.
• Ensures that the receiving procedures for suppliers are followed and invoices for services rendered are signed by the department head concerned and duly approved by management.
• Controls the arithmetical accuracy of all invoices received.
• Is in charge of checking the numerical sequence of the receiving reports.
• Ensures the correct accounts allocation of different expenses are indicated on each invoice.
• Prepares and executes the posting to the accounts payable subsidiary ledger as required.
• Prepares the payment of supplier invoices according to credit terms and based on the statement submitted by the supplier and presents it to the Director of Finance for signature.
• Reconciles the statements from suppliers against invoices and solves any discrepancies by contacting the supplier and the concerned departments of the hotel.
• Files the paid invoices and other documents in an orderly manner in such a way that other supervisors can easily refer to the invoices in his absence.
• Files the invoices to be paid in order to facilitate the research of the documents.
• At month-end, verifies with the Cost Controller, that the total purchases of goods tallies with the invoice amounts entered and posted in the subsidiary ledger. Any discrepancy should be resolved before closing the month.
• Controls, verifies and accounts for the general cashier’s petty cash reimbursements, ensuring that all documents are properly filled in and approved.
• Revises month-end Accounts Payable aging and addresses any outstanding items.
• Review with cost controller/purchasing department all open purchase orders at month-end.
• Prepares liquidation of files for imported merchandise, ensuring that costs are properly recorded and that all expenses (supplier’s invoice, customs duties, transportation charge etc.) are included.
• Investigates all invoices received without purchase orders and notifies his supervisor, the findings for further action.
• Prepares and posts month-end accruals.
• Carries out other duties that may from time to time be assigned to him by the Director of Finance / Assistant Director of Finance.
Minimum three years’ related accounting experience with accounts payable experience.
College degree in Accounting.General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain the confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
An ability to compute mathematical calculations; experience with computers; experience with Excel/Lotus; ability to input and access information into all accounting systems; ability to maintain concentration and think clearly; ability to prioritize, organize and follow-up; ability to promote positive relations with vendors and staff alike; ability to maintain the confidentiality of Accounting information; ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision; ability to focus on details and resolve numerical problems; ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team; ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.