About the job
The Paymaster & General Cashier is responsible for payroll processing & ensuring an adequate supply of funds is always maintained for normal operation and ensuring that receipts and cash disbursements of the hotel are properly controlled and accounted for.
Coordinate with the Front Office & Food and Beverage department.
• Is responsible for internal auditing of House Funds as well as other internal controls as needed.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Collects drop envelopes from the drop safe and checks against the deposit summary log to ensure the safe contents agreed with the amounts shown on the drop log.
• Counts the drops, and prepares change orders, due backs and foreign exchange deposits.• Prepares General Cashier report on a daily basis.
• Prepares Cash over / Short Report and balance to the GL.
• Conduct a 100% house bank audit and report any discrepancies to the ADOF.
• Maintain high security of the cash vault.
• Maintain specified change hours.
• Ensure all gratuities are distributed in coordination with the Credit Manager.
• Process change order requests and deposits as needed.
• Issue and maintain Cashier Bank Contracts and keep in the vault for security.
• Count General Cashier safe on a daily basis and report any discrepancies to ADOF.
• Complete month-end Accounting procedures as specified, including monthly reports.
• Print designated reports and distribute as specified by DOF.
• Update foreign exchange in Property Management System.
• All other duties as required.
• Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy
• Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Record, store, and/or analyze computerized financial and payroll information.
• Maintain, update, create, secure, and archive employee payroll records and files.
• Review, verify, and reconcile punches, hours worked, pay adjustments, and other pay-related information, and post information onto designated records.
• Back up transaction files and transmit to the payroll system according to company procedures.
• Process and/or issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
• Compute employee wages and deductions and enter wages and deductions into the payroll system.
• Provide information to employees and managers/supervisors on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective bargaining agreement provisions.
• Complete batch adjustments to payroll.
• Adjust basic settings in the time clock system (e.g., employee schedule, time clock restrictions) and correct punches.
• Experience: Minimum two years’ cash and payroll handling experience.
• Education: High school diploma; related college courses.