About the job
Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
Due to the nature of the work and US Government requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is recruiting for a Human Resources Support Specialist to perform duties at the Battalion S-1 in Qatar. This individual will collect and provide information to the Higher Headquarters S-1/G1 Offices as required.
- Monitor and maintain Personnel Tempo (PERSTEMPO) data in accordance with established thresholds. Advise the Brigade and Battalion Commander of trends and make recommendations on corrective actions within the commands and associated companies (daily).
- Monitor the Deployed Theater Accountability Software (DTAS) and be responsible for timely and efficient mechanisms for tracking and providing visibility of deployed soldiers, contractors and Department of Army civilians (DAC).
- Responsible for submission, tracking and reconciliation of all Electronic Military Personnel Office (EMILPO) reports.
- Prepare military awards, including completing necessary forms and certifications and review, for accuracy, awards recommendations submitted by the companies.
- Prepare, based on the narrative provided, a unit-level portion of evaluations.
- Process leave and pay actions.
- Prepare and process essential personnel actions.
- Perform unit-level mail clerk duties.
- Perform general administration duties such as preparing correspondence and filing.
- Process unit personnel accountability reports and notices on a daily basis.
- Process the Personnel Asset Inventory (PAI) – in accordance with current EMILPO Functional Guidance.
- Analyze officer and enlisted personnel manning status Unit Manning Report (UMR) and ensure appropriate E/MILPO transactions are submitted timely and accurately on a daily basis.
- Prepare non-deployable report on a monthly basis, and monitoring on a daily basis.
- Perform daily reconciliation and updates in DTAS and provide various reports to higher headquarters In Accordance With (IAW) established suspense date, which includes at a minimum, accountability by day, name, location and unit.
- Conduct Soldier in and out-processing to include processing levy packets and production of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders.
- Review and update Soldier records such as iPerms and Soldier record briefs for accuracy and assist if correction is required.
- Process Soldier financial requests and actions to obtain correct entitlements and pay.
- Establish and maintain records in accordance with ARIMS.
- Provide Enlisted Personnel Promotion Processing at Brigade and Battalion level.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience is required.
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret level clearance is required.
- Experience with word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Adobe PDF, Share Point).
- Experience with Human Resources Command (HRC) personnel systems.
- Knowledge of Personnel Tempo (PERSTEMPO) processes and procedures.
- Knowledge with Military Awards approval process.
- Proficient with Records Management thru Army Records Information Management System (AIMS).
- Electronic Military Personnel Office (EMILPO) transaction submission, error correction and understanding the numerous reports.
- Personnel Strength Management.
- DTAS’s “three-tiered” architecture the Enterprise Database; the Theater Database and the Mobile System.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- At least a High School diploma or GED is required.
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation’s security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and the Department of Homeland Security.